Certified Laboratory Testing Program
Burlington Safety Laboratory is fully accredited by the National Association of Independent Laboratories for testing high voltage rubber protective goods, to the following ASTM/ANSI Standards.
|Line Hose||D1050 F478|
|Rubber Insulation Covers||D1049 F478|
|Rubber Insulating Matting||D178|
|Hot Stick and Hot Line Tools||F711|
|Insulating Plastic Guards||F712|
|Insulating Aerial Devices||ANSI-A92.2|
- Solvent Cleaning – Solvent is environmentally acceptable, MSDS statement provided
- Detergent Washing – Mild detergent is used, MSDS statement provided.
- Dielectric Testing – Procedure is done in accordance with ASTM Standards, Rubber goods are rejected during this step for:
- Electrical breakdown.
- Leakage current exceeding maximum limits set forth in ASTM Standards.
- Drying – Drying is done with circulating warm air.
- Visual Inspection – Rubber goods are carefully inspected inside and out for age cracking, imperfections in the rubber, minor tears, chemical attack and corona cutting.
- Stamping – Rubber goods are stamped in ink and the boxes are labeled in accordance with ASTM.
- Packing – Rubber goods will be packed in cartons. Rejected gloves shall be so marked and returned.
- Documentation – Written certification of results will be furnished for all tested materials.