Certified Laboratory Testing Program
Burlington Safety Laboratory is fully accredited by the National Association of Independent Laboratories for testing high voltage rubber protective goods, to the following ASTM/ANSI Standards.
|PRODUCTS||ASTM/ANSI STANDARDS||TESTING INTERVALS|
|Gloves||D120/F496||Every 6 months|
|Sleeves||D1051/F496||Every 12 months|
|Boots||F1116/F1117||Every 6 months|
|Blankets||D1048/F479||Every 12 months|
|Line Hose||D1050/F478||Every 12 months|
|Rubber Insulating Covers||D1049/F478||Every 12 months|
|Rubber Insulating Matting||D178||Every 12 months|
|Hot Stick and Hot Line Tools||F711||Every 2 years|
|Insulating Plastic Guards||F712||Every 12 months|
|Grounds and Jumpers||F855/F2321||Every 12 months|
|Insulating Aerial Devices||ANSI-A92.2||Every 12 months|
- Solvent Cleaning – Solvent is environmentally acceptable, MSDS statement provided
- Detergent Washing – Mild detergent is used, MSDS statement provided.
- Dielectric Testing – Procedure is done in accordance with ASTM Standards, Rubber goods are rejected during this step for:
- Electrical breakdown.
- Leakage current exceeding maximum limits set forth in ASTM Standards.
- Drying – Drying is done with circulating warm air.
- Visual Inspection – Rubber goods are carefully inspected inside and out for age cracking, imperfections in the rubber, minor tears, chemical attack and corona cutting.
- Stamping – Rubber goods are stamped in ink and the boxes are labeled in accordance with ASTM.
- Packing – Rubber goods will be packed in cartons. Rejected gloves shall be so marked and returned.
- Documentation – Written certification of results will be furnished for all tested materials.